TARGET HUNGER ROUTE VOLUNTEER INSTRUCTIONS
We do have limited supply of bags available for volunteers interested in dropping off bags prior to the pickup date. After you sign up for your route, connect with your assigned food bank to request bags. Click here for additional information.
Each route number and map has different information, so be sure to read these instructions thoroughly. THANK YOU so much for all your efforts as a volunteer; your work is greatly appreciated!
- Pick-up of donations must start AFTER 10:00 a.m. and be FINISHED by 12:00 p.m. on Saturday, June 13th. This is to ensure all donors have time to put their donations outside of their door for pick up.
- Sometimes donors will place items out of sight from the street to protect them from wind or weather. Ensure you collect donations from each property unless you cannot find one. Please DO NOT knock or ring the doorbell.
- Load donations strategically according to weather (rain, wind etc.) to ensure original food quality. In case of poor weather, load inside your vehicle or cover (i.e. tarp).
- After you have a load, deliver to your ASSIGNED FOOD BANK (name & address provided on map). It is important to go to the listed food bank and follow on-site volunteer instructions once you arrive there.
- Routes vary in size – feel free to recruit other volunteers from your household to pickup donations.
- Respect No Soliciting signs. If you find a property with a no soliciting sign, please DO NOT access their property unless a donation bag/box marked for donations is in clear sight.
- If you lose your map, write down the last house you recall picking up a donation from and contact your assigned food bank with your route number ready, and we will provide a replacement map.
- If you have an issue with the map provided, contact your assigned food bank with details of concerns.