We are a provincially registered non-profit society, and nationally registered charitable organization. In addition to providing emergency food services, we have the responsibility of providing a safe, clean environment in which we conduct our business.
Our mission is to recognize the human dignity of those in need and to provide food and access to services and resources generated from within our community
We cater to those in a variety of situations, ranging from single-parenthood, to seniors on fixed incomes, to the under or unemployed, or to those with other social or economic barriers.
We have been providing emergency food services to citizens of Lethbridge and area since 1989. Since then, we have grown exponentially as the community recognizes, assesses and attempts to satisfy the needs of those in crisis.
We act as a bridge between a community of donors and those who are in need through:
- Distribution of monthly food hampers, daily food supplements, and clothing vouchers
- Referrals to other community and/or government agencies to connect individuals and families with resources available within our community
- Offering The Interfaith Chinook Country Kitchen – through partnership with our local Family Centre we facilitate cooking classes that teach healthy eating on limited budgets
- Providing the Interfaith Learning Garden – where we teach community members how to grow their own food.
- Operating The Second Door Thrift Store – where new and gently used household items are sold at garage sale pricing to raise funds for food bank operations, as well as to provide affordable product for food bank families.